View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 03:17 AM   #25
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super Short Fleet Big Block build!

Then I moved on to disassembly of the interior....

...if I hadn't had about a billion and one interruptions over the weekend and church/family obligations it would be all completed....but between the distractions and things like the ignition cylinder getting loose but not coming apart yet...I'd be done...

Before I forget...anyone know the trick to get the inner A/C box out-the one with the heater core in it....it's stuck on after removing what I think are all the bolts....is it just the gasket holding it and I need to pull harder?

Here are the holes for the factory carpet cover over the gas tank (one of the items that identifies it as a true super....I think the gun rack holes are going to have to go....

Shot of the dash

Were the white trucks painted with this flat black from the factory to reduce glare? Either way I'm going to tape it off when I paint because it is in perfect shape

Headliner is out now (actually came out w/out breaking any of the molding for it and only leaving a little of the cardboard backing behind

Dash vents were originally olive...not sure when someone painted them black but the door panels were also olive under black....

Getting there.....just need some time w/out iterruptions

It's amazing how much stuff fits in/under the dash in a loaded truck. I'm going to take a picture of it all once it's all out...it just amazes me....