View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 02:20 AM   #1
jocww

Fatman, TCI, or Scotts IFS/Chassis on 49 AD

New guy here, but have been reading and searching. Sorry I know theres been questions on this subject before regarding IFS, but heres my story. So after 30 years Im finally getting into my parents 49 5 window thats been sitting since we moved into the house 30 years ago. The truck ran when we parked it in the garage and so everything is in pretty good shape. With that being said, my dads getting up in age, and so the i6 is getting thrown out for a lsx and 6spd or auto trans, and the safety is getting put on via 4 wheel discs, and power steering. I am also going air bags as we like the height adjustablity so that we can get up our steep driveway, yet can have a lower stance when parked or driving. I was at the Good Guys show today, and visited Scotts and TCi and looked at their chassis, IFS and 4 link kits. I ended up getting the ride tech air suspension kit minus the bags or shockwave, have yet to decide on which one we will be getting. While talking with the ride tech guy I was pretty set on getting the TCI kit as it was cheaper than Scotts which looked really nice, but it was 1k more and the kit wasnt as complete. He said that he has done a few of these AD trucks and that he likes Fatman. He also asked me to think realisticly how much I would have in the IFS and 4link which came out to 4800 for the TCI and over 5 for the Scotts WITH the show pricing. Not to mention my time doing the cutting, and welding. He then had me go and search Fatman fab for their builders special chassis which is 6400 http://www.fatmanfab.com/product/194...-truck-chassis

for an extra few hundred I wouldnt even have to worry about setting all the angles up for the front end conversion, and while my frame is pretty solid in terms of rust, and i dont believe it has been in an accident having a new solid frame build does sound like a very nice option. I am looking for opinions on what I should do. Was ride tech guy steering me in the right direction, or should I just do the IFS/4link bags? If so Fatman, TCI or Scotts? Or sack it up work some OT shifts and get the chassis.

TIA
jocww is offline   Reply With Quote