View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 01:33 PM   #15
mr48chev

Re: Fatman, TCI, or Scotts IFS/Chassis on 49 AD

If you are looking at a complete chassis you might check with https://www.artmorrison.com/homepage2.php They have several levels of chassis and their "shop truck" sits on the first one they designed and built for an AD and the speak bagged fluently. Those guys drive what they build too and drive them hard.

On the Scotts front end, the thing looks super strong but the only thing that bugs me about it is that a front end man might kick you out of his shop when he sees what has to be done to adjust the caster and camber. From the looks of it you have to take the upper A arm loose and screw the ends of the arms in or out to do the adjustment and then put it back together to check it and then repeat if you need to adjust more.

I've already bought the Dakota Donor for mine. to run the Industrial chassis crossmember. 92 four banger truck. I'm going to use the AX15 trans with an adapter in the 48 too. Adapter isn't cheap but the trans is a lot stronger than a T5. It will shake up the troops because I will run a 5 on 5-1/2 bolt pattern when I use the Dodge van rotors I have in the shed and a Ford truck nine inch. I'm running 15 inch wheels and hubcaps so it isn't an issue. The thing with the Dakota suspension is that it is the right width and not that spendy for the suspension pieces.

There are so many aftermarket suspension setups out there that it actually does boggle the mind more than a bit.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote