View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: guys being suspended

not that i need to explain any of my actions or those of the other staff members, but just for the record I have never suspended anyone myself as the moderator of that forum. I close threads and reply to them. There are times i feel as though something has gone too far as to responses and attitude, and at that time i refer those posts up the chain of command here.Sometimes i do post my opinion to the staff as to what i think should be done, and sometimes they do go along with my idea other times they dont.. it is their call.
Very few people here have the authority to suspend or revoke any accounts here. The exception is anyone who is spamming the board (someone whose first post is advertising time shares in vegas for example) can be suspended or banned by anyone.. Moderating here is walking a fine line. You want to be fair and balanced and non offensive to everyone.Alot of times people get emotional and that leads to posts that get heated. This leads to the staff being the bad guy and in many instances it leads to alot ofbashing and people who get offended at the job we do , when in fact the staff are the backbone of this and every other site on the internet. In the case of this site, we keep this place one of the best run and moderated sites on the internet according to many who visit here.
Sometimes as a result of peoples actions here they get banned or suspended because they try to undermine authority, flaunt the site rules designed for everyone, or to just stir the pot too much . We always keep those decisions between the staff and the member in question, as that is only fair to all involved.
I do hope that this gives you and others a better understanding of what its like to be a staff member and to understand why sometimes members get suspended or banned.Please feel free to ask any staff member about our policies here or if you have any questions regarding them or this site , as we are always here for our members.

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote