View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 09:38 AM   #153
OutlawDrifter

Re: Francis the Tow Pig - 1949 GMC 250 Dually

Not the pictures promised above, but some to take the bite off for awhile.

Last night was almost like the Keystone Cops had invaded my shop. I came home with parts and purpose, and spent and hour and half fixing things just so I could work. First I moved my MIG welder a little too far and the bottle fell over...no bueno. Thank god it didn't take off through the north wall of the shop! It did, however, destroy the regulator...$%*@(place preferred 4-letter obscenity here). So after some Gerry Rigging I adapted the one off of my old 220v unit. Great! Pull the trigger and 3 seconds later the spool runs out of wire....really?....this is what we're going to do tonight huh? Luckily enough I had a new 2lb roll of .030 solid core wire. I set to changing the wire and what comes out with some of the wire....the liner! At this point I spoke a few more obscenities and stared at the MIG welder that has never given me any troubles since I bought it. Panic mode strikes, "I can't be without a welder for a week, I'll never get the truck done!". Eventually I returned to state of semi-rational thought after considering a MillerMatic 210/211 purchase, disassembled the gun, and was able to get everything back in place and functioning....wow, let's hope we don't do that turn of events again.

On the bright side, I did accomplish a fair amount of stuff last night. Driveshaft is complete and in. It is filled with coolant and engine oil. The trans tunnel cover is 80% completed, and I added some more sound deadener to the interior.

I'll hopefully be picking up more cowbell after work today!

Instagram @aceshighspeedshop
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote