View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 12:32 AM   #603
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

For those that want to know - where to hide their wiring and all the other goodies coming into the engine bay, but dont want to see it there, heres what I did;

On both sides of the engine bay the inner fenderwell covers mount from the tops of the fenders down to the frame rails at about a 45 degree angle. There are two studs that stick out from the firewall; these are lower mounts for the inner fenderwells on each side. As long as you stay inside of that angle you can poke all the holes you like through the firewall and they will never be seen in the engine bay. Just keep all your wires and tubes and hoses up high to stay out of the way of your tires rubbing into them.

I used the American Autowire electrical harness which is a pretty decent harness for the price. I got the 20 fuse box for a show price of about $200. I mounted the fuse box to a plate with my CDI ignition box also and then mounted the whole plate to the drivers side interior firewall. From there I drilled two holes for 1/2" flex tube for wiring to go out and will put grommets on them when finished to seal them. The REAR harness goes out 1 hole and then loops down under the cab along the frame rail and all the way to the back tailights, tank sender, fuel pump, etc. The FRONT harness goes out the other hole and goes to the high beam switch and then up high under the fender lip all the way around to the radiator support and to all the headlights, signals, electric fans, water pump, everything up front. The ENGINE harness will come out of a hole on the passenger side with the starter, Batt, ignition, coil, oil, water and volt senders all in a loom going to the motor.

Once all the wiring is done I can make my customized inner fender wells. They will have to be made to go around my fenderwell headers that will take up alot of that space in this engine compartment. Not your typical rebuild an "old truck".... everything has to be CUSTOM!

Pics below