View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 12:13 AM   #9
Caustik

Re: In the Red 69 GMC

Been a crap shoot for time lately, I worked a trade with a buddy, Pull a 327 out and put a 406 in a 69 c30 Wrecker, that was alot more problems than I was expecting knowing GM's Lego setup. Took all my days off for about a month to get everything done. in the end I got a cab in better shape.

First a Picture of the work.

The cab, complete with doors, A/C,glass, and interior.

After that was said and done, I got some time to work on the rear suspension. got my links setup, and bag placement sorted. still need to make a panhard bar.

Ended up sleeving the uppers and welding one end solid to keep the bars from twisting. Thinking about making some stiffeners for the under side as well.

Needed to clean the garage since it was a chaotic mess trying to work in. so I rolled it outside, slapped the rolling stock on it, and the bed. sat and stared at it for a little bit then shoved it back in the hole.

Also picked up an engine, me and a buddy originally pulled this for his S10, but planes changed and I made an offer. its a 6.0 from a 2000 2500, opened it up today at work to look it over, and put new gaskets on it, it looked really good insid, so I'm just going to run it as is for now.

Now I just need to get a trans, I have a TH350 that I am going to use for mockup, its arround the same size as a 4l60 so I can compensate for the small differences. Hopeing to set the cab on it this weekend.

If any images are wonky I'm fixing them
Caustik is offline   Reply With Quote