View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #64
kustombrad

Re: Project "49 No Buck$"

I'm always trying to make sure I work on this thing a little every day. That way, I stay motivated and it will get done! Last weekend I was going to start taking the truck apart to start sandblasting and painting all the underneath stuff, but since I had no help with lifting the cab or bed off (everyone was busy) I decided to keep moving forward and knock one more thing off the list. STRIPING & LETTERING!!!! I knew once I started this, it was going to change the whole look of the truck, so I got busy. I washed the truck with a sponge and Comet to clean all the oxidation off the 40 yr. old paint job. Once it was rinsed off, I started laying it out. I knew it needed to be an old "Speed Shop" truck, so I followed that whole motife... Starting on the doors, I made a pattern and pounced it on so both sides would be the same. A little silver paint and some varigated gold leaf was the base. a little red and it's looking like I wanted Doors are done! Now to the tailgate... using varigated gold as a base outlined and striped! I kept the paint thin and transparent for the old look! More lettering (Yeah I know the bald spots glare makes it tough to see the pic!) The truck all striped and lettered Now I'll sand the stuff I just put on with 2000 grit and rub it out to make it look like it's 40 years old too! This weekend the body comes off and it gets stripped!!!

Last edited by kustombrad; 04-02-2009 at 03:07 PM.
kustombrad is offline   Reply With Quote