View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #46
MattPSU

Re: Porterbuilt Stage 1 Front and Rear Kit Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10Dream'n View Post
That was one heck of a write up. thanks for the visual. I have made up my mind and plan on piecing mine together since i won't be able to drop all the cash at once on the whole set-up.

My setup currently consists of CPP tubular control arms, ECE 4/6 kit wit 1" blocks in the rear. I have a CPP bolt in notch as well. I will have to talk to Nate or Travis bout my options.

Matt,
do you know what the difference is between having a 3 or 5 gallon tank? along with having 1 or 2 compressors? Thanks again.
Piecing it together is exactly what I did. It's taken a year and a half, but I'm happy with the results.

I would recommend talking to Nate and/or Travis about which components you can use with your current set-up. I think you're ok, but I'd check just to be sure.

My understanding on the compressors/tanks issue is pretty simple. The more compressor out you have, whether it's one or two, the faster you can fill your tanks. The more tank space you have, the longer it'll take to fill. But, the more tank space you have, the quicker you can raise your truck back up. I've been told that if you're not planning on playing around much, and you're never going to be in a hurry, you can get away with a smaller compressor and/or tank. But if you want to play and/or have a quicker response time, larger and/or multiple compressors and tanks are recommended.

The way I see it is that it seems like no matter what I do, I always want more! I lowered it some, then I wanted it lower. So with tanks and compressors, I'm was initially thinking I wouldn't play much, but when I let the air out of the bags using the schrader valves now, everyone watching smiles. I know I'll want to play at least a little, so duel tanks and compressors will be the route I go. And I'll mount them using the Porterbuilt brackets above. One of each on each side.

Good luck - Matt

1972 Chevy Cheyenne SWB - Build: Porterbuilt State 1 Front & Rear, Bolt in Notch, McGaughys 2.5 Drop Spindles, Boyd Welding Fuel Tank

UPSTATE SC GM TRUCK CLUB: FACEBOOK WEBSITE