View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 07:02 PM   #4
jocko

Re: worth keeping orignal engine parts after rebuild?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bautino95 View Post
I rebuilt my original 402 last summer and held on to all the old parts. Are they worth holding on to for resale if I ever decide to sell the truck? I'm talking about things like the oil pump, balancer, rockers, intake manifold ect... I'm really close to tossing them as I dont have endless room to store the stuff. so what do you think? thanks
personally, I'd hang onto things that can't be worn out with use or degrade with time on a shelf - I'd pitch the oil pump and balancer (unless the rubber still looks good - probably not though, as mentioned above), most of the rockers, etc. I'd hang onto the manifold, a few rockers in case a new one galls, any carbs or carb parts, exh manifolds, etc. Someone restoring a big block would probably love to have the intake since so many people tossed the originals over the years. At a minimum, you could offer em up on the board for free pickup and it will save you a trip to the dump. Pistons make good ash trays and distributor caps make excellent pencil holders. It holds 9!
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote