Thread: 47-55.1 beginners questions
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 02:47 PM   #5
mr48chev

Re: beginners questions

If you have a nice shop floor to work on the home made attachment for a cherry picker works pretty good. Someone will probably come up with a better detailed photo.

You Don't want to sling the cab from the cherry picker with a strap though as that is a great way way to put dents in the corners of the cab roof. That is from personal experience.

I've got a gantry I made out of a surplus aluminum I beam and steel tubing years ago that gets involved in about every big project I do.

Here it is holding up my Model A body when I lifted it off my old boat trailer that it needs to go back on this week as I need to clear that spot out so I can have a new drain line run through there. If you look at the right rear corner of the Chevy truck cab you can see the ding the cherry picker put in it when I lifted it off the donor trucks frame. that roof was perfect before I started taking the cab off the truck.

I've got a big H beam going into the shop I am building that my friend insisted I needed that will have a trolley and 2 ton chain hoist on it to lift heavy stuff in the shop.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote