Thread: First Project
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #14
aggiegrad

Re: First Project

Project looks similar to the one I just took on. Mostly finished it now after about a year. Replaced the rusted cab supports, rockers and floor pan areas. It is always worse than it looks initially. The biggest expense for me other than time was the welder (plus other tools here and there). I also redid the entire interior, gauges, stereo system. Replaced all the rubber window gaskets and had to reseam the drip rails and do minor rust repair around the window opening. Now, while waiting for my kids to get their liscence I get to drive it daily and its been lots of fun.

One local place for 67-72 parts is Outback Truck Parts in Spring. Comparable prices and no shipping. The quality of the parts they carry has been much better than LMC and you get to see the parts as they have everything in stock. I know there is a guy in Belton that has used truck and carries lots of new stuff as well but he doesnt do the internet (Greens Restoration-I think).

Dont know about the wiring issue as mine was all original and unspliced.

Let me know if I can help in any way. I was in College Station last weekend for a Cross Country race but I don't get up there as much as I would like but my daughter is looking into going to A&M so I hope to visit often.

Bryan
aggiegrad is offline   Reply With Quote