View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 11:32 PM   #94
bowtieguy79
Ephesians 2:8

Re: 72 Suburban Making it mine

Power Tour 2015 is only 19 days away.... And the sub still being in pieces an executive decision was made...

So my buddy Josh and I are going to do the first 4 days of the tour. End in Memphis and go home Tuesday night.

So with it starting to look like we are not going to take the suburban and instead take my truck, we had an idea. Why not use a vacation day now, and only do 3 days of power tour? So This past friday we took off.

Hit the shop about 830am Friday morning. We started to fab up exhaust pipes from the Firebird LS1 manifolds. I had a friend give me off of his Z06, the complete cat back. I was able to use the 2.5" stainless to make an H pipe and blend in to my old exhaust.

While it was still on the lift, the rest of the day, we installed the driveshaft that I had 3" taken out of, a new energy suspension trans mount, Walbro Fuel Pump, fuel lines ran to engine. The shifter took some tweaks, but got it functioning.

About 4pm we pushed it out of the shed and into my house garage where I have all my tools and good lighting.

At that point we started to put on the accessories, radiator, shroud, and a ton of little things and tweaks along the way.

About 8pm his brother Mike showed up and we just kept plugging away.... at that point we had pork chops for lunch and garage pizza from Casey's General Store around 9pm.

After pizza I had a decal installation celebration....

The cold air intake is from a 07-13 GM truck. Fits pretty good, but not sure it will once I install the AC compressor.... we'll find out here in the next couple of weeks.

had to borrow a few tools from a neighbor and fellow hot rodder, its 12am at this point... time for a selfie... I cut my own head off in this pic....

by 1am we had the harness laid out and plugged in to everything on top..

Just about 3am we called it quits, I test fit all the covers and fuse block, battery etc.

We cut up and tweaked an 81-87 pass side battery tray to fit on the pass side of the 72. Worked out pretty slick!

Today I was able to get the Denali engine harness swapped around for a 4L80E vs the 4L60E, I had one buddy who just left tonight around 730, he just kept tinkering all day while I went with the family to my boys Little League games this afternoon.

Friends like that are just hard to come by.

We made HUGE HUGE strides, I'm only hours away from hearing it pop off. Going to push again this week in the evenings and hope to be doing some test and tune by weekend at the latest. Hot Rod Power Tour here we come!!!
bowtieguy79 is offline   Reply With Quote