View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #39
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Went out to a new yard (for me) today. It was kind of sad really. They had more 67-72 chevy trucks than I had ever seen before, but most were either too picked over to matter or just didn't have much useable. At least for me. I found ONE K-5 Jimmy, double wall top (ok), not much else, but it did have the cross member and motor mounts I needed, $42.60. I did find a good fender and sub 3rd door, but left them there because I am doing the best I can to stick with my plan. It was a 69-72 chevy fender, so wouldn't work on the Jimmy, and I had just replaced the fender on my 71, so it will go to the next deserving owner.

I did not get to finish my hatch this past weekend, nor will I get to it next weekend because of the grad party schedule. If I'm lucky, I'll at least get my short block to the machine shop to get it checked out for useability.

Cost so far, 442.60 minus $18 for parts sold for a grand total of $ 424.00. I haven't picked up the tranny and transfer case yet, so I'll add it to the bill when I do.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote