View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 12:42 AM   #43
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Out on the road this week, so no work getting done. But there is something to report. Sold another part, so my expenditures went down another $40, for a total spent of $390.

On another and much more important note. I may have gotten just a little bit of support from my wife. When I told her I bought this beater, she was not happy. And that's putting it very mildly. At every opportunity, she would give me a dig on it. After a while, I had enough and put an end to the comments, but didn't change her mind.

This past weekend, 2 things happened that tells me she's coming around. She told me that if I got the soffits finished on the garage, she didn't care what I did the rest of the summer. Then we went to my nieces grad party where my brother-in-law also hosted a minor mud run.(see pictures in the 4x4 section) We hung out to watch and she started asking me about what I was going to do with my Jimmy. Things like, "Is this what your going to do with it?", or "You could probably go through this stuff" and the grand finale was "You should get yours ready for the next mud run".

That won't happen, but it was nice to get the turn around. She has also seen me selling pieces and parts, etc. to keep my spending low and has commented on that. I also overheard her talking to her dad and bragging about me doing the body work on my 71 cab. I probably won't make this years mud run, but next year I think I'll be getting it very wet and dirty.

Having the support of your spouse is a huge deal. Most of you know what I mean.

I should find out tomorrow if the block and crank are good or not. That will give me the info I need for the next parts list. Back to the 50's show in St Paul this weekend, might have to make it sunday for the swap meet.

Mike

Last edited by hgs_notes; 06-20-2007 at 12:46 AM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote