View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 01:09 AM   #2070
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Yesterday's/today's activities:

Visited The Truck Shop today and bought the oak bedwood, polished stainless strips and bolt kit. Also some new pins for the front of the rear leaf springs and the under bed rubber pads.

Stopped by the shop today to see reassembly in progress:

- AC unit is back in dash and I saw the (shiny!) VA control panel IN dash for the first time.
- The evaporator and condensor have finally been mounted to the core support.
- Spent some time discussing the fuse panel mount location and wire routing. Nothing will show when done. It'll be directly under the cluster on a fabricated aluminum piece attached to the dash reinforcement. Routing through toeboard and headlight/signal wires routed in wheel well and across core support out of sight.
- Optima battery will be behind passenger of bench seat. I need to look for a tray.

I'm working on the bench seat frames and sliders. Looking for some kind of dry lube that won't be greasy/gloppy. Considering taking seat to upholsterer before truck is done to get a head start and get truck done sooner!

I'll stop by the shop again tomorrow to pay the weekly bill and of course see what else has been done. (Bad) Pic's below:
Attached Images

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote