Thread: LT1 GenV swap
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 09:23 PM   #78
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: LT1 GenV swap

Well "fits like a glove" was not said today.... with the motor and trans in, using 3/8 plate as the adapter but not bolted to the clam shell... trans raised till it contact's the tunnel the driveline angle is about 7-8 degreese. Oh and the oil pan rests on the cross member. Could shim the motor mount frame bracket, cut the cross member, or make a custom mount. 2 of the 3 woukd raise the trans even higer.. Yeah I know dirty dingo sells mounts, but the crossmember is still an issue and says low mount ac is an issue.
Think I'm just gonna make my own and call it good.. I'll post pictures tomorrow with the truck manifolds on, hopefully they fit... dont want to build another set of headers... it's rewarding and time consuming all at the same time.

Modifying the oil pan isn't a big deal but leaving it at this height leave the steering linkage rod close to the oil pan.. and as the motor mount gets worn it is like to contact. I also havnt turned the steering wheel to see if the rod raises when tm steering wheel is turned.

More tomorrow..

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote