Thread: LT1 GenV swap
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 10:48 PM   #80
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: LT1 GenV swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddoky View Post
Your discoveries lend some insight into why we modeled the bottom of the coming Holley LT pan after the geometry of the 302-2 LS pan. Another LT geometry characteristic I'm not sure I shared with you earlier is that the engine mount bosses on the LT block are 3/8" taller on each side of the engine than they are on the LS blocks (CAD verified). This means the use of 3/8" thick adapter plates as was typically used in many LS swaps is going to position the crankshaft height of an LT engine higher in the chassis than would be the case with an LS engine. This is one of the reasons I divorce myself from the stock engine brackets entirely, so as to have more freedom to position the engine height exactly where I want it.

I was mimicking the aftermarket adapter plates or so i was trying.. was hoping for the best
No biggie, any dimensions available on the pan? Or eta on availability. Gonna look online at the holley pan to see if they are similar in thickness, viewed from the side.
Clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote