View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:43 AM   #151
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: 1950 Chevy 3600 - Bumper Punchin'

Some of you may be saying "Why Levi? I thought you already painted your engine?!" And my response would be I did. But i made a mistake...

The ... at the end of that sentence could be enough of an explanation, but to relieve the few currently "in the know" from holding it over me, I made the mistake of quickly grabbing two orange cans of paint off the shelf at the local AutoZone without looking to see what orange it really was. Well, thanks to my good ol' buddy ol' pal Matt, he informed me the day after i painted the engine that the color looked "funny" and then pointed out that the receipt said "hemi orange". So for the last week i've gotten calls from various friends and family asking about my "Chevy Hemi"

I was going to leave it. But, as usual, Matt was right and it was a better idea to wire it down and paint it again. So, we did.

And then after a few beers, we decided to get the shinny parts out and "test fit" them.

And here's the dreaded list. Blue dots == things that can be done now. everything else is waiting on something else. $ signs are things i have yet to order. It's kinda depressing when i add those things up. Now i see why most people spend a year or more building their rides.

Last edited by IvelDesigns; 03-23-2009 at 01:01 AM.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote