View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #17
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: How to ID a camel back or camel hump head, and what good are they?

The guy told you they were 'double hump' heads and they have a triangle casting identifier... sounds like he needs a @$$ beating. He flat lied to you.
I agree with everyone else,, they will cost so much to refurbish, they are not worth messing with. Most need new exhaust seats to tolerate the unleaded pump fuels of today, all new valves, new iron guides, new slroings, locks and retainers, some milling to get them back flat,, you just spent about $650 on a 50 year old technology. I myself am not on the Vortec craze. By the time you buy the dedicated intake top put a carm on the vortecs, buy self aligning roller rockers, and centerbolt valve covers,, you can buy a set of Holley , AFR or other aftermarket aluminum heads for not much more, and make a BUTT LOAD more power. BUT,, heads are where the power is made. Scrimp here, and you throw potential out the window.

just my 2cents

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote