View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #222
hemi43

Re: Hemi's 70 Blazer build

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochre 72 View Post
Thanks for the response and sorry about muddying up your thread. I have the nylon and fittings. I've just seen on some factory applications where they install a rubber or braided "buffer" piece at the rail, I'm assuming for vibration dampening or motor mount flex. Considering the level of work on your build I value your opinion on whether you felt that was necessary.
Same question about trans cooler lines. Did you use rubber at the cooler or steel all the way? I appreciate your input.

David
No worries about muddying this thread, because it's been dead for quite a while !

The reason the factory uses a braided "buffer", is because they used steel lines. The nylon flexes enough that this isn't necessary. The only thing you need to watch out for is to keep the line away from any heat sources like exhaust. I also wrapped the lines with a split rubber hose anywhere ther was a chance of chaffing. For extra safety, I tie wrapped the fitting on the fuel rail at the engine so that it can't pop off and cause a fuel leak.
For the transmission lines I used Cupro-nickel 3/8 tubing along the frame and hydraulic flex lines to the transmission. Way overkill, but I know it will never give me issues.
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote