View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 01:04 AM   #21
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Re: Blazer Chalet #0661

Following now. Managed to miss the start of this thread 'til now (so many other distractions, so little time to keep up with hobby stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbrow454 View Post
...Plan is to take to a fiberglass shop to sand it down, repair stress cracks and anything else and repaint back to original color...
Still makes my skin crawl that whichever intervening owner between the classic car dealership in Boise and the guy in Indy who had all these Chalets (or else it was that Indy owner) yanked the stripes off and incorrectly repainted the camper unit. I can see the overspray where the forward camper area meets the truck cab. Makes for a ton of extra work for you to correct that, but at least you have it documented that it was that way in the first place. Here's hoping the camper paint comes off easy.

Do you see any factory markings (greasepencil) in the areas previously hidden from view? I see what looks like "CFA" on the forward left side of the camper. One junkyard Chalet truck was spotted with the word "Chalet" in greasepencil where the lower back tailgate area is (it was camperless at that point with a tailgate installed), and another pair of separated camper units I've seen had the camper serial numbers marked on the lower forward camper area.

Name:  mystery chalet concord CA.jpg
Views: 1588
Size:  40.0 KB
Name:  #1193 Chalet gr pencil.jpg
Views: 1502
Size:  60.9 KB
Former owner of Chalet #1747. Current caretaker of the very old BlazerChalet.com website.
77blazerchalet is offline   Reply With Quote