View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 02:16 AM   #23
MTCK

Re: Project Daily Driver 77 K10

The wide band O2 sensor and intake air temp sensor should be here tomorrow so I should be on the road then. Since I couldn't work on the motor today, I decided to finish up on the interior. A buddy welded up my broken seat frame yesterday with some bracing and I put the factory cover back on, and then the Wet Okole cover over that. While I had the seat apart, I decided to try putting some extra foam on the front of the bottom seat cushion. I know a lot of guys have built spacers to get the seat sitting at a more favorable angle, and I figured I'd try something different. I'm very happy with the results. It is hard to see when you're looking at it, but the extra support in the front gets rid of the feeling like the seat is trying to dump you out on the floor.

I also wired up the center console for the seat heaters and plugged everything in. I have a relay in the console that is switched on the accessory switch, so it will turn off with the truck. I've also left a couple of spots open in the power block for my 12v outlets when they get here. Pictures attacked with narrative on the next posting.

1991 V3500 L29 454 4L80E NP205 D60/14 Bolt 4.56's
1984 K30 292 TH400 NP205 D60/14 Bolt 4.56's flat bed 7'6" Meyer Plow
2022 Silverado 3500 L8T
Project Daily Driver
Project Heavy Hauler
Project Plow Truck
MTCK is offline   Reply With Quote