View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 12:50 AM   #11
Caustik

Re: In the Red 69 GMC

Set the cab down, tossed on the fenders and did some cutting. Glad I got the new cab, high hump left me with no drive train fitment issues, going to be able to keep the stock floor unmolested.
Had to cut a fairly large portion of the inside of the fenders out, including 2 of the hood hinge bolt locations. I need another 2" to lay frame, which puts me in a bind with keeping all the A/C stuff, the blower box is in the way, where I am at right now there is about 1/4 inch of room between the tire and box, motor hits about 1/2 inch before that. Looking at options for a blower with a shorter motor housing, but am thinking that where its at is going to be the final travel setup. Another issue I noticed is with the Z cut, the steering shaft is hitting the upper control arm at 1 inch below ride height, an pretty easy fix but just putting it out there.

All in all I'm stoked with how it has been going, and am more than happy with the outcome so far. I plan to drive this as much as I can, including a cross country trip to see my parents.

So here she sits after today's fun, going to do some of the body work while is sitting on the frame then blow it all a part and go over everything and finish welding and cleaning things up.

Fenders haven't been trimmed in this pic, resting on the fender skin

As High as I could get it with my little tiny vintage air compressor.

Last edited by Caustik; 07-31-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Caustik is offline   Reply With Quote