View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 04:27 PM   #58
uber cool

Re: Uber Cool's 1963 C10 LWB Fleetside in England

strapped on the inlet,exhaust manifold and carb off Martin's (mjh1965) engine. Swapped over the dizzy too as the new (to me) one is electronic and the old one was points and condensors which was all seized up.

Set the timing to approx 4deg BTC, although it took me a while to figure out the datum point on the harmonic balancer was wrong because it has spun slightly. So made a new datum and set the timing roughly. had a can of fresh petrol strapped up to the fuel pump. Cranked it over a few times with the coil disconnected to get oil pressure up and fuel into the carb. Connected the coil, cranked it over again and fired write up. Although no exhaust on and the throttle jammed wide open, so think gave everyone in the neighborhood and myself a shock.

Add a return spring to the carb and rigged up a mechanical oil pressure gauge, run again and reading 40 PSI on a fast tickover.

Next steps to hook up the radiator, check valve timing, change the oil, make a side exit exhaust with silencer and run again. Then I need to think up a solution to the missing propshaft.
uber cool is offline   Reply With Quote