Thread: "52 3600/3100"
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 11:51 PM   #25
joedoh

Re: 52 3600 A.K.A. The Tack Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampshire View Post
Question for Joedoh (just curious): Many Mustang ll vendors will sell you a kit with longer a-arms, Increasing the track (from stock AD) anywhere from about 2" to a bit more. (centers the wheels in the fenders when looking head on at the front end) - would the longer A-arms make the set-up you cautioned about easier?

I think Scott's uses this wider track)
no. its the spindle height that is the problem, the box (upper to lower to spindle height) is very short and just laying it out on cardboard with pins will show you. thats why mustang II trucks with airbags always look squished in front, big wheels make it worse. some trucks like later IFS rangers have the same problem and one solution is to raise the upper arm mount.

its totally livable, though. camber alone doesnt kill tires, toe is the real enemy. I used to drive trucks in my youth with 5 degrees of camber and 2-3" inches of lift everyday. it just doesnt meet everyones expectation of a bagged ride, when they want to lay out on the running boards and then lift to a respectable height. in the trucks of my youth it was common to lift high to turn and lower back to ride height.

so I guess all I am saying is, use drop spindles and know what to expect about airbags. dont lift too high either, the way the arc of operation works the camber will go negative positive negative in a lift cycle.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote