View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 01:28 AM   #8
1Ratty64

Re: Need help identifying this power steering conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
There is no way to properly upgrade to power steering without shortening the original steering column shaft. That steering box adapter plate kit is what is sold by everyone except me. They do not keep the steering box in line with the steering column.....I don't know why. I make my own that keeps the steering box in line with the steering column.
This misalignment is one of the things i noticed when i picked up the truck that made me think that maybe it was just originally installed incorrectly, but after checking the geometry of the drag link i kinda of just dismissed the thought. This is my first 64-66 with power steering, all the others had manual boxes, so i haven't spent that much time researching the topic. I just know from all the pictures i have seen so far, the steering shaft has been shortened. If your kit will position the gear box properly, then i may pick one up from you and just buy a replacement box. The holes have been drilled out and its developed a slight leak at the worm shaft any way. Thanks.
1Ratty64 is offline   Reply With Quote