View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 05:27 PM   #1897
MiraclePieCo

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I was going to make a whole new inner bracket that I removed yesterday. I took another look and decided to repair the one I had that had hole rusted in it. I sand blasted it and the rad support where it goes and applied a weld thru primer, I will weld it together tomorrow.

It's so funny being the year before the truck didn't even use this inner support, same rad support and it didn't even use this. I drove my truck for years with the rad support that didn't even have it so I thought about even leaving it out. But being I had cleaned it up a little anyway, I figured I might as well weld it back in.

And I didn't prime over rust (at least not as bad a rust as you are seeing on this thing) I sand blasted it all where it will be hidden. After this is welded on, the whole thing will be sand blasted, Zinc coated, and powder coated by the service who will be doing the same thing to the frame for the truck.

Brian
I don't understand where that additional piece goes - is it a doubler for the bottom of the core support? I never really examined my core support when I had it out.