View Single Post
Old 05-19-2023, 09:12 AM   #17
406 Q-ship

Re: AC Pressure Switch ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Ok, not ashamed to admit I’m not the smartest when it comes to AC stuff. I’ve installed 4 or 5 complete Vintage air setups and now I’m doing a hybrid with factory components. I probably should have thought that question through some more, but Vintage Air does offer a binary switch. How does it work? Is it placed on a different location than a factory Setup on a 93 Silverado?
Vintage Air's binary switch (or trinary) is placed in the dryer (high pressure liquid cold side) of their systems and isn't necessarily a cycling switch but a system protection switch. Most of the OEM A/C system of which I am familiar, use a low pressure side switch to control the system pressure.

For me currently I am trying to convert my 74 C10 to a different form of clutch control. I converted to R134a years ago and the system worked but after letting the truck sit while redoing the engine the refrigerant leaked out. I refilled the system again but was having issues with the main inline fuse that kept turning the blower motor off and I believe freezing up the evaporator, at that the capillary cycle switch would shut the compressor down. So I am trying to use a low pressure switch from a later truck or GM car to control the compressor but I am concerned that the R12 might not have the adjustment range needed.

Where patience fails, force prevails

Stapp's Ironical Paradox "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."
406 Q-ship is offline   Reply With Quote