View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 07:33 PM   #114
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman101 View Post
Mounting it to the back of the motor is a good idea. It's a nice piece.
I think I'll work on a bracket this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod1 View Post
Hey Chris

How did you run your back brake line? Where did it start, and did you run the line to the rear end by a flex line and then out to the calipers or on the chassis rear cross member and then pierce the chassis with a bulkhead through the frame, and then flex lines to the caliper? Any pics would be great.
This is the where the No Limit advantage starts to come into play when comparing to others ... the brake lines are included in the base chassis price. But I would have done it the same way. Rob and I tend to think alike on many things. The rear has a single line from a -3 AN header up front that runs back the driver side rail to the rear cross member (the one with No Limit laser cut in it). From there the line is T'd to the left and right and terminates at through the rail headers that have a -3 AN male on the wheel side of the rail. So I just need to run flex lines from there to the calipers. I'm planning to pick up some pre-made lines from Wilwood. In the front I'll run some hardlines from the master cylinder to the -3 AN header with a 2 psi residual valve in each line. The residual pressure valves aren't really required since the master cylinder is above the brakes, but they help with pedal feel hence why I went with just a 2 psi vs a 10 psi). The front routing is the same, single line to a T, left and right terminate at through rail headers in front of the coilover (similar to the factory location).

Here's a shot of the brake line bulkhead up front. The green tape are the -3 AN fittings. The front one is the front and rear one the rear.
Name:  BrakeLineBulkhead.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  12.9 KB

Here's a shot showing the rear. The green tape in front of the coilover is the -3 AN fitting for the flex line.
Name:  RearBrakeLineCloseUp.jpg
Views: 1334
Size:  18.5 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Those headers are a work of art...matching the looks of the engine overall. Well done! I liked your video too.
Thanks Doug!

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote