View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 03:23 PM   #36
Brant Campbell

Re: Bought this yesterday.... 1953 4100 Wrecker...

Ok, so here is about the coolest story I have ever heard in my whole life. I got the title to the 49 that I bought this morning, and the name on it is M.C. Johnston in Broadview NM. My dad owns a lot of farm and pastureland right around Broadview so I called him to ask if he knew that name. My dad said "Oh yeah, old man Mansiel Johnston, he used to cut crops for me way back in the 70's." I told him that I bought one of his old grain trucks, and he asked me "Is it an old ford or an old GMC?" I said an old GMC. He asked me if it was faded red, like pinkish, and I couldn't tell, it's rust brown. So I looked at the pictures, and sure enough the back of the cab is red faded to pink, and under the hood is red. My dad says it's your granddad's old grain truck that he sold to Mansiel way back in the day. He said your granddad bought that truck new in 49. It was the only vehicle they had back then, and they drove it to town! He has old 8mm video reels with video of it. I'm pretty excited about that! I'll for sure be building the 49 GMC now! Really makes me think of my granddad!
Attached Images

Brant Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote