View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 04:46 PM   #11
Nickelcharlie

Re: In need of an Automotive Electrician

hatzie, thank you very much for taking the time to post a very informative reply. I appreciate it and I know the next person that has this same problem will find this one and the other responses very useful.
My problem may be the circuit board on the back of the cluster. I ordered a new one from LLC, hopefully it will be here Friday!
After I took the gas gauge out and tested the connector tangs I thought I am this close I might as well take it all out and grease the speedometer cable as it was making some noise and replace some of the light bulbs that were not working. So when I put it all back together and started testing my left directional light would not work. When, I pulled the head lights on my right directional indicator light came on!
If my math is right this 86 truck is 32 years old and the plastic making up the circuit board for the cluster may now be brittle and is breaking down causing electrical problems that may be related to the gas gauge not working properly. I'll keep you informed.

Last edited by Nickelcharlie; 10-14-2018 at 04:53 PM.
Nickelcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote