View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #146
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Last night I worked until after dark and got the freshly painted rearend back under the truck and bolted in place for good using the hardware I previously powdercoated. Need to borrow a 15/16" deep socket from my dad to finish tightening the nuts but otherwise it should be ready to go.

Got the front sway bar installed today (and I know I'll have to remove it at least partially in a few days when the front springs get here). Then it started raining and I had to give up for the day. Typical weekend. Had to chisel out a couple more rivets for the mounts and then do some touchup paint work, but I'm really happy with the way the stuff turned out. I used the shorter brackets I bought separately for this purpose -- they're for trucks that are lowered. Really fought with the sway bar installation until I realized that it worked a LOT better to have the A-arms raised into a more "natural" position. (Some of you reading this are saying "DUH!!" right now I'm sure.)

Hope to get the power steering box cleaned up tomorrow and ready to bolt on. Really need to bite the bullet and order brake lines but I keep putting it off. One of these days.... That's something I can work on over the winter if necessary; right now I just need to get wheels on it so I can roll it into the garage again.
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote