View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 08:41 PM   #147
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Had a lot happen since I last posted. Found out at a routine annual review last Tuesday morning that I was unemployed effective immediately. Ouch. Thank goodness I had a ton of vacation time accrued that will be paid out. So the job hunt has begun!

In the meantime, some stuff I had already paid for arrived. Got the 1" lowering springs (courtesy of this board) delivered yesterday and installed today. Brake booster brackets and another tilt column were also delivered, as was a complete Dakota Digital dash setup that included a bunch of stuff I wasn't expecting, such as a complete billet dash and glovebox door overlay. The invoice included with the set was for well over $1000; my cost was less than half that. Never expected to win the auction with that low bid but I'll put it to good use.

So the purchasing will be put on hold until permanent employment is secured. If anyone needs some powdercoating done, drop me a line as I could use the money and I think I do pretty nice work.

My younger son helped me with the spring install today and I got a good pic of him in action. I found out that doing this type of work without any weight on the front end creates an additional challenge. Had to remove the bump stops on the UCAs and I don't expect to be able to reconnect the sway bar until I can get the engine set in place. (I suppose I could try a spring compressor, but it's not worth the effort at this point.)

Pics follow....
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote