View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 09:41 AM   #25
Benjamin

Re: 1972 K10 - Daisy

TURN SIGNAL SWITCH REPAIR

About a month ago, I flipped on my right blinker while my hazard flashers were on and I felt something pop in the turn signal switch. After that, the turn signal lever would not return to center like it should. I had no issues for the turn signals cancelling when I made a 90-degree turn. But if I would use my blinker to signal a lane change I had to carefully move the switch back to the exact center, it would not snap back to center and the "OFF" position like it used to. Also noteworthy, this is a Summit Racing Floor Shift Steering Column, part number SUM-770702B. This part is discontinued, however, but Summit tech support suggested looking at part number SUM-771702B-NK for diagrams, instructions, etc…

When I got the steering wheel pulled off I found that a little stamped steel springy-type item, had popped out of where it was supposed to be and was just rattling around inside of the steering column housing. At this point I could only guess where it went because it was not shown in any of the pictures in Summit’s instructions.

I did a google image search for “summit racing steering column turn signal switch” but the photo showed the little stamped steel piece was different than mine. At his point I’m more than a little confused and can’t see the forest for the trees. I would later realize that the picture had an optical illusion due to the angle that made the pieces look different. The picture did serve as a clue and I was able to figure out how this little piece fit into place.

Got it all put back together, topped off the blinker fluid, and tested the horn and turn signals, then I remembered that I had no less than 3 spare or junk turn signal switches in my garage, so I figured I would post the photos to assist anyone else who might find themselves in this situation.

Good Luck!
Attached Images