View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 01:41 AM   #7
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

The upgrade upholstery came from Seatz. http://www.seatzmfg.com/seatz/index.htm It was very well made with the foam sewn in, and fit perfectly. It looks exactly the same today, now residing in my son’s truck.

Next up was custom dash panel #2. Sitting in the driver seat the steering wheel passed through the area indicated leaving a clear view of all the gauges. Although effective, it was pretty ugly.

The dash has now been painted and the Lokar shifter received a black anodized knob.

And subsequently Old Air A/C was installed, and the shifter was replaced with the Gennie short stick version.

After changing the front suspension, I wanted a matching set of rally wheels. These 15x6” models went up front. Note the distance between the red stripes.

These were 15x8” 6 lug truck rally wheels. I discovered after they were purchased and powder coated that standard rally wheel caps wouldn’t fit, only one off odd ball caps offered by the wheel manufacturer would work. I thought they looked stupid, and didn’t last very long before they were sold. The difference in spacing on the stripes, and curvature of the cap are obvious.

With rally wheels in place, deterioration of the paint was rapidly accelerating, and a new paint job became a priority to prevent more rust damage.

Disassembly begins. The body work/paint project would take almost a year to complete.

Last edited by markeb01; 01-07-2013 at 12:43 AM.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote