View Single Post
Old 12-20-2003, 03:22 AM   #6
dc59fleet

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce B
Got my seat out of a Jap mini van. fits nice. Had to fabricate brackets for it. It's real comfortable. has armrests, headrests, belts for 3. I'd suggest taking a tape measure out to the local bone yard and see what you can find.

After a lot of research and junbkyard hunts I foud a web site with repro fuel tanks for most vehicles i know of. the cool part about it was it had dimensions and pictures showing filler tube and sending unit locations. What works out best in my opinion is a '56 Belair. I was able to mount it between the frame rails behind the rear axle without any modifications to the frame or cross member. I brought the filler tube out through the left rear fender and plan a late model fuel door. I have pics of all this but can't seem to attach anything successfully. anybody got any hints for me?
Bruce B: I did not take the idea of a 56 Bel Air gas tank too seriously until I asked around and one appeared for me! Amazing. Have you figured out how to attach your pictures? I'd be very interested in seeing how you attached it. If you don't mind, send some photos to my e-dress: loco-motion@postmark.net. Thanks. DC
dc59fleet is offline   Reply With Quote