View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #15
MacQuigley

Re: Super Duper Haggis Hauler II - The Resurrection

Fortunately I don't smoke Ian, one vice I never took too. Whisky on the other hand!!!! Bought a bottle of Laphroaig while I was there. I was staying in Port Ellen but my site team were staying in Bowmore (where they are working in the power station).

I had to drive to join them for dinner and of course they all had a few pints. My B&B was dry so I was forced mind, forced, to nip into the local whisky shop and buy a bottle of one of my favourite's before returning to my digs for a quiet dram (and Lone Survivor which just happened to be on).

Anyway back to matters in hand.

Grizz, I nearly did burn it to the ground and no I'm far from happy but it will do for now or I'll never get anything else done and the hood will have so much paint on it will take 10 to lift it!

Name:  20170813_180120_001.jpg
Views: 1376
Size:  36.4 KB

On a positive note I managed a small but satisfying fix this evening. Before I set off to Islay I looked out the parts to start looking to fit the steering column. I need to move the truck in a week or too and having a steering wheel makes that so much easier.

When I test fit the rag joint to the box I found out that the nuggets at POL (should be POS) had sent the wrong one. So that put me in a worse mood.

However, the calm of a few days on Islay got me thinking and I dug out the old one and tonight I was able to swap the fittings and I now have a usable rag joint - Woo Hoo!

Name:  20170817_210653.jpg
Views: 1402
Size:  48.7 KB

Anyway this weekend I will hopefully flatten and polish the hood and fit it and then hopefully fit the column.
MacQuigley is offline   Reply With Quote