View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 12:10 AM   #14
Jemezcrusher

Re: A little progress on the 50 - finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
NICE! I like the rear shock setup you have - any chance you have a few photos of it? Also, where did you get the parts - or did you build them? Thanks!
The rear set up is a parabolic spring kit from TCI that included springs, front and rear spring hangers, shock mount bar, and shocks. Was an easy install but I did not like how far toward the middle of the upper shock mount bar located the top of the shocks. They were binding at the bottom and seemed a bit short with no load on them, and I wanted to use some lowering blocks too so I added two more upper mounting holes moving the tops of the shocks out a couple inches on each side. The fit was better, but I did have to lay over the exhaust a little toward the outside. Shocks are not at 45 degrees any more (more like 60 or 70) so that should be better. Was a little tough to find the DOM (Thick wall) steel tubing with 7/16ths ID and 3/4 OD to make the extra shock mount holes, so a friend whipped them up out of bar stock.

I think the whole set up was about 600.00 for everything and the way they put them together, it centers the rear axle in the wheel opening rather then being a little forward.
Jemezcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote