View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 10:50 PM   #18
ChevyTech

Re: Low oil pressure.

I checked and I don’t have a schematic for your truck. The Autozone site, which is handy, does not cover that new of a Chevy pickup. I don’t want to do any more guessing and screw you up.

I expect the gauge to go full scale when the sender is unplugged. The location of things changes from year to year but the fundamentals of GM gauges are more timeless. Look down by the oil filter on the side of the block for an additional sending unit.

Quote:
Do you have dislexia like me(I think that is what its called where you mix words or letters up while you read) or are you tired and have blurred vision, I did not run the engine, I turned the key on to the run position, no crank, no run.
I am just tired and keep having to edit my post to fix them.

Quote:
Will the truck run with the sender disconnected? Or should I ohm from the back of the plugged in plug, while the truck is running?
It is in more of the useless information category. If you knew it had 80PSI of oil pressure you could take an ohm reading at the sender with the connector off it and the engine running, but I have never done this.

I would just put a sender in it as it has a very good chance of being the problem and so many of them fail. If it still had a problem with the new sender I would put a mechanical testing pressure gauge on it before I considered going into the dash.
ChevyTech is offline   Reply With Quote