View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 01:25 PM   #1
trm303

Crew Cab Dually build

How's it going guys, I've been a lurker for a while but it appears that to post wanted ads in the classifieds, I'm gonna need to up my post count and what better way to do that than to start a build thread! Let me first introduce myself. My name is Trevor, I live in Jersey and I share a hobby fabrication/machine shop with my father. For the past 2 years I've been building a Suzuki samurai from the ground up and since I am beginning to wrap that up, it's time for a new project. Ive been driving a Chevy Colorado for the past couple years and although I have no complaints with it, I want to go old school and build a full size truck without any sensors and the electronic B.S that are in cars today. I want something that will be easy to fix and practically bulletproof. That is why I decided to go with a square body crew cab. About a year ago I found a deal on a crew cab I could not pass up and being in the rust belt, finding a crew cab with 4x4 AND no rust is both hard and extremely pricey as it is. I found a retired fire company light tower truck
from NY state with less than 20k miles. The truck was garage kept and in great condition. The truck is a 1ton CC dually with the narrow 14 bolt rear, 454 and th400 with AC. It came with a Saulsbury aluminum box, 2 25' pneumatic light towers, a 12kw genset, and a ton of neat tools and add-one. The plan is to shorten the frame and throw a custom flat bed on, lift it around 3-4" with a set of 19.5 alcoas running around 33-34" of tire, and to top it all off, a 12v cummins with NV4500.
Still trying to figure out how to post pictures on mobile but as soon as I do, I will post up some pictures
Posted via Mobile Device
trm303 is offline   Reply With Quote