View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #23
americanthunder

Re: Project "Booger"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltwithIvy View Post
when rebuilding the trans, the most important part is to stay EXTREMELY organized, find or build a nice big bench, and as you take things out, keep them in order, and label stuff as top or bottom, check to see if you need any special tools FIRST, and then start on it, if everything is organized should only take half a day or so, I think the first time i rebuilt a trans took about 6 hours, and I did that without reading a book, just look whats there, match the new pieces in same order, and replace
I learned to stay organized doing just the valve body mods on Allison transmissions but Im sure there will be alot more parts. Still up in the air about this guess it will depend on time and budget. Started reading the Ron Sessions book last night for a few mins and already Im a bit uneasy..LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Glad it came out good for ya! If you have a cherry picker, pulling the cab is no great shakes. Put a chain with a little slack between the front seat holes, an hook on in the middle, over the hump. Jack up and pull off. Don't forget the oil line. There are pics on the yeller thread kinda in the middle of this process.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the tip, I read your thread once but apparently missed it. I'll look through it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Welcome to the board A-Thunder! That's a sweet truck you've got to start with and you've also found the crowd that'll answer any questions you've got. It really is invaluable.
What plans do you have for this build? Are you going to paint it yourself?

Your right this place is the absolute best for knowledge and help. Everyones been great. My plans for the build is just to be a more clean, straight, OE style daily driver but the deeper I get into this the more stuff I see that I want to make "perfect" so its evolving. As for paint, I have no knowledge of paint but wish I did because I think thats something I'd love to try (On an old quarter panel first)..LOL Never painted with anything more high tech than a rattle can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
It's nice to see a solid truck getting a shot at a new life.
Truck is coming along great.
The boy will learn tons from you. Priceless.
With the world wide web, video games, ipods, and cell phones its kind of hard to drag him into a cold garage to get dirty and maybe skin a knuckle. But I'm certain from personal experience with my dad they will be memories and knowledge he will have forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild4wheels View Post
Very cool. subscribed
Thanks wild4wheels. Im trying to do a little every evening so hopefully I'll keep ya interested!

AmericanThunder
Project Booger Build Thread
americanthunder is offline   Reply With Quote