View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #19
Coach

Re: Anyone ever had luck getting summit to honor a warrantee for a bad crate engine?

I have the same crate engine in my 67'. I ordered mine directly from a Chevy dealership back in October vs going with Summit or Jets. You have to go directly through GM for the warranty. The way it works is if you have it installed by a Chevy dealership or independent licensed repair facility, the warranty is 24 months or 50,000 miles. If you install yourself, they consider it an over the counter purchase and the warranty is only 30 days. I would suggest you take it to a Chevy dealer, have it checked and see if you can start a warranty claim, especially if this is your 2nd engine. I remember talking to you about this engine a couple months ago. Did you go with the exact parts recommended by Chevy for this engine (flywheel, balancer, HEI distributor, spark plug wires, intake manifold and distributor) or what Summit recommended? The only thing I had the shop do different than what Chevy recommended was i hooked up the vacuum advance. It runs much smoother with better acceleration vs leaving it disconnected as Chevy recommended.