View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 05:09 AM   #64
joe231

Re: For Thoese Doing Disk Brakes. 60-66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63_C10 View Post
ok, i'm kinda new on here also. i want to do the cheaper swap (spindles, brake hardware, tie rods), but want to have the power booster as well. it will be installed on a '63 lwb with a 230 i6. i want to make sure i list everything i need to do, and if i'm wrong or forgot something, please let me know.

drill new holes for power booster/master cylinder, extend brake pedal push rod (i think someone said 1 1/14" ??), prop valve w/wire running to brake light switch to kick off valve, disc spindles, rotors, calipers, my outer tie rod ends, donor outer tie rod ends, adapter for tie rod ends, brake lines, tie into vacuum line somewhere.

did i miss anything?? haha! what about the rubber hose going to the caliper? any paticular year i need to get that off of? what year donor truck would be the best fit for me? i dont mind having the metal bushings. what vacuum line should i tie into for the booster? if i decide to not do the booster, how good do the disc brakes work on manual brakes? can ya tell i have no idea what i'm doing? ha! thank goodness for my dad!
that wire is supposed to go the ground side of a warning light. it tells you if you have lost pressure to one of your hydraulic circuits by completing the warning light circuit (by grounding out if there is a pressure difference between your front and rear brakes, ie. a leak). it doesn't have to be connected to anything for the brakes to work properly