View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #71
Skirkpat

Re: Intro from an old Assembly Plant guy

Are you sure you did not work at Ford, your last post was like picture of the Claycomo plant, the funniest part was describing the "trim" girls, we had the IP line, where we built Inst. panels...loaded up with Medicals, and women...we called it Payton Place. There was ALWAYS a cat fight brewing. The stock guys would drive WAY over speed on there route so they could "putt" around over on the IP line for a few minutes. I used to laugh when we got a new hire that was even remotely atractive, the whole plant, all 5500 people would know about it. The guys, and a few girls would run over and check her out, the other women would talk trash about her...I would ask them if they had a boyfriend or husband. If the said yes, I would tell them "not for long" if they said no, I would say "You will"....I seemed like Nosterdamis to them, I was always right. Simple fact was that we worked 10 hour shifts, new hires were on nights. If you had a signifigant other they never saw you, and there was always a couple hundred guy's ready and willing to "talk to you about your problems at home".

Now I AM getting into some stories I should not tell!!!
Skirkpat is offline   Reply With Quote