View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 04:33 PM   #2
joedoh

Re: Nagging Bagging Question (rear)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKWDco View Post
Hi, I have a TF truck that is a daily driver. Its also my family work truck, ie last weekend we hauled a couple dirtbikes, then a yard of gravel. That said, I have updated to a TCI front end, which inevitably lowered the front end a couple inches (I didnt go with the drops, because i wanted to maintain a closer to stock ride height) , so now it sits high in the back. I was thinking about updating the rear end to bags. I would like the rear end to sit level with the front, however, when Im hauling a load I'd like the ability to adjust the suspension.

Has anyone used the AirLift bags on these trucks? I was thinking about some thing like this that attaches to the shackles.

Has anyone seen this done or done it? AirLift has a great warranty. I had them on a 2001 silverado, but i havent really seem the name on these forums much. Any thoughts or info on these would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

how will you lower the rear to match the front? thats the important question, just installing helper bags wont lower your truck. dearching the springs is easily done but if your axle is mounted below the springs you may need to "flip" to the top side instead, dearching with a bottom mounted axle will almost reverse the spring pack and it will ride weird. an axle flip will lower you about 6" and keep your load carrying capacity.
if your axle is above the spring pack already, I would say dearch them the amount you need to drop and add the helper setup.

helper bag setups are a great way to restore ride height and increase load capacity. check out robs COE build, he started with a half ton donor truck and with the helper setup he will be carrying a lot more than that, has added a flatbed and is building a camper to carry.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...596551&page=23

air lift excels at this kind of setup, they branched out into more custom stuff years ago but they started with these systems.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote