View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 07:04 PM   #1
hillbillyrider

acting like runs out of gas at speed

94 1500 with 4.3 and 5 speed tans. currently working on 2 different problems. I have another thread on the engine not reaching operating temp. But I have another issue as well that i need to address. I have had the truck for about 2 weeks. traded my ford to it which so far has been a mistake. anyway, the other problem I am having is the truck acts like it runs out of gas when maintaining speed. it does not matter at what speed or rpm. If I hold it there long enough it will just die. but starts right back. It starts real easy and idles great. runs through the gears strong. it only happens after reaching cruising speed whether it be on the highway or little back roads. i can push in the clutch and rev it up like nothing is wrong. I can come to a stop and it pulls strong through the gears but happens again when at constant throttle. I can not get it to happen in the driveway in neutral and holding it at a constant rpm. So far I have replaced the fuel filter and tried it with the CTS unplugged with no change. I currently have the bed off and will check the rubber hose tomorrow but from what i could tell it was in good shape. It got dark and cold on me lol. I hope it wont take much to get this thing up and going good. So far I regret trading my ranger to it.
hillbillyrider is offline   Reply With Quote