Thread: The Army 45
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 10:57 AM   #4
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: The Army 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
My dad had a Colt back in the 70's. Had a pretty cool leather holster. It had something tooled in to the holster but I don't remember what it said.

Im pretty sure its the only handgun Ive ever fired. I guess if Singer can make sewing machines that are still around and useable from back in the early 1900's they probably made a pretty stout 45, still sounds weird.

If you were showing off your collection would you rather say you have a Colt 45 or a Singer 45 ... Um well the Singer is my wife's lol.
Ha ha probably say Colt ,,but of course you are correct about the singer machine ,,I have my mothers and it's retired her along side of my wind up phonagraph, I wonder,, did Brunswick make 45 also ?

[QUOTE=Ironhorse

The $800-$1,000 seems a fair price from what I have have seen in the gun show world. Just have never had the $$ to break loose at the time. Found one .45 at a gun show several years ago for $600, nice condition and bluing. Wouldn't you know it, didn't bring the $$ in hand at the time. Didn't expect to find one for that amount so didn't bother bringing some mad money with me. [/QUOTE]

I remember at one time them carbines were going for a round $30 way back when.......................as for the army surplus 45 for sale now..I think they will be sold by the condition as some would rattle when shook I Imagine.