Thread: The Army 45
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 11:37 AM   #25
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: The Army 45

When I googled the 911 sale from the Goverment I found this Comment to Share with you all ,,curious of your opinion of the Comment

Wordell Jan 6, 2018
If these are are in the condition to the one I qualified with as an "Expert" while in the Navy in 1972......if you want to hit where you're aiming the weapon....you'd better put 200 practice rounds through it as I did, before I was tested for my ribbon. I purchase 200 rounds of ammunition myself and practised before I took the test, and scored well enough to be awarded the "E" pin to attach to my ribbon. These weapons will be worn mechanically, and the barrels will definitely be worn out, and although most were probably cleaned after use by the person firing it........don't count on it. There could be corrosion and metal fouling (lead, copper) of the barrel rifling and barrel itself. There are companies that provide replacement parts for these .45's...so you can refurbish your "classic" 1911 if you want at a relatively low price. The "gubmint" isn't going to give these away and you can be sure some bureaucrat that has no idea what the market will bear on the price of these pistols....................will attach a very "LAUGHABLE" high price to these pistols. Remember this: If you're buying it to shoot, forget it. You can buy a Turkish made Girsan brand 1911 that exceeds the physical quality and shooting accuracy of a Colt or Remington or trendy "Inland" .45 (made in Dayton) .45 1911. If you're buying it for the nostalgia of having a WW 2 1911 .45 (if you're able to select the year of the weapon prior to purchase...don't count on ANT cooperation from these government bozo's on your weapon......been there done that as a licensed firearm dealer ALLOWED to purchase their overflow)..........well then go for it, Skippy. In reality...save your money for a better buy somewhere down the road............................