View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 09:15 AM   #31
highwinger

Re: vent window woes

Finally (at least for pre-install), is the forward bend end of the gasket...the area that keeps my wing from closing properly currently. #11 shows the area that seats into the metal gasket c-channel that holds the gasket to the frame. I've felt like the current PRPs are too loose which allows the rubber to be pulled out by the window upon closing. Not good. This pic supports that belief. The CPs (on right) are more rounded and thicker which should conform to the c-channel properly. I expect they'll be harder to get install into the channel, but won't pull out once they're in.

Another observation is the flap thickness. I had a hard time getting the wing to rotate on installation. One reason was the combined width of the two flaps and the frame made for a very tight fit in the angled door frame which it has to pass thru while rotating the wing into position.

I won't be installing this weekend for a couple reasons. One is I didn't get the pivot rivets from CP. Btw, it does appear the gaskets rivets from LMC are sized slightly different. I don't know which I prefer yet, but I didn't really like the how the LMCs worked previously. So I will looked forward to a different set to try. Also, I think the issue I had with the wing glass moving is likely due to the rivet shoulder being undersized. I can detail this more when I get the replacements.
Attached Images

highwinger is offline   Reply With Quote